PROLENE Suture is for use in general soft tissue approximation and/or ligation, including use in cardiovascular, ophthalmic and neurological procedures.
PROLENE Sutures (clear or pigmented) are non-absorbable, sterile surgical suture composed of an isotactic crystalline steroisomer of polypropylene, a synthetic linear polyolefin. The suture is pigment blue to enhance visibility.
• Non-Absorbable – Provides permanent tensile strength retention in tissue, even in the presence of infection
• Smooth surface for easy passage through tissue
• Colour – Blue or Clear. (Please call if not listed)
• Range – Gauge sizes 10-0 to 1 U.S.P. Supplied as needled sutures. (Please call if not listed)
• Sterilisation – Ethylene oxide
These sutures comply with the requirements of U.S. Pharmacopoeia (U.S.P.) and the European Pharmacopoeia (PhEUR).