The No.12 is a small, pointed, crescent shaped blade sharpened along the inside edge of the curve. It is sometimes utilised as a suture cutter but also for arteriotomies (surgical incision of an artery), parotid surgeries (facial salivary glands), mucosal cuts on a septoplasty (repair of nasal septum) and during cleft palate procedures, ureterolithotomies (calculus removal by incision of the ureter) and pyelolithotomies (surgical incision of the renal pelvis of a kidney for the removal of a kidney stone – also known as a pelviolithotomy ). The No.12 fits Handles 3, 3L, 3 Graduated, 5B, 7, 9, B3 and B3L.
• Sealed individually in trays
• Carries a graduated measure on the reverse of the handle (for indication only) to mirror our range of metal stainless handles
• Marked with the CE symbol which previously only appeared on the outer product packaging.
• Individually packaged into a new transparent thermo formed tray providing improved product visibility and developed to assist in safe passing techniques.
• When peeling the packet the seal changes colour thus indicating if the integrity of the packet has been breached and assuring the user of sterility up to the point of usage.