OpSite* Post-Op is a revolutionary post-operative dressing combining a high Moisture Vapour Transmission Rate (MVTR) film and the cushioning and absorbency of a low adherent pad together with an easy application carrier system. The hydrophilic polyurethane film on OpSite Post-Op has REACTIC* properties that ‘switch on’ in the presence of moisture allowing any excess to transpire into the atmosphere.
• Opsite Post Op meets the criteria for an Ideal Wound Dressing. For more information click here.
• Opsite Post-Op also offers the following advantages:
• Bacterial barrier
Protects the site against extrinsic contamination, reducing the risk of infection by bacteria, including Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureaus (MRSA).
• Waterproof film
Patient can shower with the dressing in situ.
• Low allergy adhesive
A unique grid pattern adhesive minimising the risk of an allergic response.
• Highly absorbent pad
Rapidly absorbs serous exudate. Allows lateral spread across the pad to maximise absorbency and reduce the risk of skin maceration.
• Low adherence
The wound contact layer enables exudate to pass through to allow minimal trauma on removal.
• Conformable and extensible film
Comfortable and non obtrusive for the patient. May help to reduce occurrence of skin blistering in joint surgery.
• High MVTR The REACTIC* film has a unique molecular structure with an MVTR of approximately 11000g/m2 /24hr, making it significantly more permeable to water vapour than ordinary films in the presence of moisture.
• Round corners/thin film
Reduces occurrence of lifting or snag, helping the dressing to stay in place for longer.
• Helps to prevent skin blistering
Opsite Post Op may help to prevent post-operative blistering in joint surgery.