Neuropen® is an effective aid to this screening programme, meeting and exceeding current practices by being the first dual-purpose, pocket-sized device designed to provide a safe and reliable test.
Neurotips are sterile, single-use neurological examination pins which avoid the risk of cross-infection and skin puncture.When used in conjunction with the Owen Mumford Neuropen. a calibrated force of 40g may be safely exerted onto the skin, to identify patients with decreased sensation to sharpness and pain in small nerve fibres.
• Sterile semi-sharp examination pin
• Sharpness testing tip
• Removable cap
• Peripheral vision testing – The red and white Neurotips provide contrast when used for peripheral vision testing
• Neurotips are supplied in dispenser boxes of 100, There is no difference in the force exerted between the Red and White but they provide a contrast when used for peripheral vision testing.
10g Monofilaments for use with Neuropen
The 10g Monofilament test assesses touch/ pressure sensation in large nerve fibres.
• This test enables the clinician to map areas of reduced pressure perception on the foot by exerting a specific repeatable force on the test site.
• Testing for peripheral Neuropathy in people with Diabetes should be conducted on an Annual basis and is measured as a QoF indicator.
• Accurate 10g test delivered everytime using PET monofilaments.
• Easily cleaned with alcohol based swabs.
• Effective aid to the screening of peripheral neuropathy
• Calibrated Neurotip test assesses reduced sensation to sharpness/pain in small nerve fibres
• Calibrated monofilament test assesses protective touch/pressure sensation in large nerve fibres
• A 40g sharpness test using Neurotips® single use neurological examination pins, to assess reduced sensation to sharpness/ pain in small nerve fibers
• A 10g pressure test using Neuropen Monofilaments® to assess protective touch/pressure sensation in large nerve fibres