The Huntleigh Smartsigns MiniPulse MP1 Pulse Oximeter
is an ergonomically-designed oximeter, which provides fast and accurate readings of vital patient information. It displays patient SpO2
levels and pulse rates clearly on its large LED display in seconds, allowing the practitioner to keep track of their patients and make quick decisions when necessary.
What's in the Box?
Your purchase of the Huntleigh Smartsigns MiniPulse MP1 Pulse Oximeter will include the following:
- 1 x Smartsigns MiniPulse MP1 Unit
- 4 x AA battery
- 1 x Reusable sensor
- 1 x Instructions for use
What Are the Key Features of This Device?
In order to keep oximetry readings convenient, fast and accurate the MiniPulse MP1 comes complete with the following features:
- Compact and ergonomic handheld pulse oximeter – for easy use wherever you need it
- Provides quick and accurate readings of patient vitals – perfect for a busy practice or hospital
- Carries out accurate oximetry readings – both SpO2 and pulse rate information
- Clear, high-visibility LED display – allows for clear readings and reduces human error
- Full-function alarms for SpO2 and pulse rate – help to identify when critical attention is needed
- Silent mode also available – for discreet readings and varying needs
- Supplied with your choice of sensor – either adult, paediatric or infant
How Clear is the Display?
One of the key advantages of the MiniPulse MP1 over other oximeters is the large, bright LED display. It boasts exceptional performance, allowing patient readings to be viewed from further away and at wider angles without causing mistakes or misreadings.
Which Patients Is This Oximeter Appropriate For?
This oximeter is appropriate for use with almost any patient, depending on the sensor selected. There are finger sensors for adult and paediatric patients, as well as a wrap for infant patients. For adult patients whose hands are inappropriate for a finger clip, there is also an Ear Sensor
, sold separately.
Which Sensors are Available?
This unit is available with a choice of three sensors, depending on the age and weight of the patient you wish to test. The available sensors are:
- Adult finger sensor: for standard readings of adults and adolescents over 15kg in weight
- Paediatric finger sensor: for readings of children between 5kg and 15kg in weight
- Infant wrap: for readings of infants between 3kg and 15kg in weight
Please select your preference from the drop down menu at the top of this page.
Can This Oximeter Be Used to Monitor a Patient's Status Continuously?
The MP1 is not only useful for taking discrete readings. Since it outputs readings in real time, and comes equipped with warning alarms, the device is also suitable for continually monitoring a patient's status. It comes equipped with a synchronised beep tone, the pitch of which changes depending on oxygen saturation level.
Are There Any Other Options Available?
As well as this standard AA battery powered model, Smartsigns manufacture the Huntleigh Smartsigns MiniPulse MP1R Rechargeable Pulse Oximeter
. It provides the same high quality diagnostics as the MP1 in a rechargeable device, and is supplied with a charging dock.
What Is the Purpose of Full-Function Alarms?
In order to provide immediate warning of changes to vital patient information, this oximeter emits a pulse tone – a full-function alarm – that changes its pitch according to the patient's saturation level. This gives a convenient audible signal to medical professionals when urgent intervention may be needed. A 'silent mode' is also available, ensuring measurements can be taken without causing the patient undue distress.
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 75 x 140 x 25mm
- Weight: 300g
- Unit warranty (excluding battery): 5 years
- Sensor warranty: 1 year