Welch Allyn 3.5V coaxial ophthalmoscope (C cell handle)
The patented Welch Allyn Coaxial Vision System facilitates ophthalmoscopy by enabling easier entry into the eye, a larger field of view and reduced glare compared to standard ophthalmoscopes.
• The Halogen HPX™ lamp provides light output for true tissue colour and consistent, long-lasting illumination
• The coaxial optics produce a shadow-free spotlight, easier entry into undilated pupils and a larger field of view versus standard ophthalmoscopes
• Detect corneal abrasions with the cobalt blue filter
• The polarising filter virtually eliminates corneal reflection
• The sealed optics keep out dust and dirt
• 18 unique aperture/filter combinations for greater versatility
• The red-free filter may be used with any aperture
• 28 focusing lenses with a range of -25 to +40 diopters
• Variable illumination strength via the rheostat dial
• Macular – allows quick entry into small, undilated pupils.
• Intermediate – provides excellent view of fundus through an undilated pupil.
• Wide Angle – general examination of the eye through dilated pupil.
• Fixation-Cross – graduated cross-hairs for measuring eccentric fixation or locating lesions.
• Slit – used to determine levels of lesions and tumors
Filters can be used in conjunction with any of the above apertures:
• Red-Free – filters out red light for easy identification of veins, arteries and nerve fibers.
• Cobalt blue – used with flourescein dye to view small lesions, abrasions and foreign objects on the cornea.